Why do I need to see a Paediatric Eye Doctor in Navi Mumbai?
The American Academy of Paediatrics states that “Children are not just small adults. They cannot always say what is bothering them. They cannot always answer medical questions, and are not always able to be patient and cooperative during a medical examination.” The examination techniques used to examine the eyes in adults do not work well with kids. Paediatric Eye Doctor in Navi Mumbai.
Paediatric ophthalmologists (Children Eye Care doctors or Paediatric Eye doctors) know how to examine and treat children in a way that makes them relaxed and cooperative. In addition, paediatric ophthalmologists use equipment specially designed for children. Most paediatric ophthalmologists’ clinics are arranged and decorated with children in mind. This helps create a comfortable and joyful environment for your child. Our examination room at Utsav Eye Clinic, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai are child-friendly and are designed to make your child relaxed while we conduct the eye examination in a breeze. Dr Kumar of Utsav Eye Clinic is one of the few fellowship trained Paediatric Eye Doctor in Navi Mumbai.
Paediatric ophthalmologists are medical doctors who have had
• Four and half years of medical school (MBBS)
• One year of medical or surgical internship
• Three additional years of residency training in ophthalmology (MS)
• One and half additional year of fellowship training in paediatric ophthalmology (FPOS)
• Dr. Anand Kumar has also undergone an advanced fellowship training at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA in speciality of paediatric ophthalmology and strabismus (FPOS).
Paediatric Eye Doctors have expertise to treat the following eye conditions:
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Blocked tear ducts
- Conditions requiring oculoplastic surgery
- Conditions requiring vision therapy evaluation
- Congenital cranial dysinnervation disorders
- Eye tumors
- Hemangiomas and lymphangiomas of the eye and orbit
- Infections and inflammations of the eye and orbit
- Neuro-ophthalmological conditions
- Pediatric corneal disease
- Pediatric / juvenile glaucoma
- Ptosis (droopy eyelids)
- Refractive errors (glasses in children)
- Retina disorders that lead to vision loss
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Strabismus (misaligned or crossed eyes)
- Strabismus caused by thyroid disease, stroke, injuries and cancer
- Strabismus in adults
- Tearing eyes
- Traumatic eye injuries
To know more about our Child Eye care and squint specialist at Utsav Eye Clinic, Kharghar click here.