Neuro-Ophthalmology doctors in Navi Mumbai
Among the few Neuro-Ophthalmology doctors in Navi Mumbai, our specialist Doctors manage and treat treats disorders such as :
- Myasthenia gravis
- Optic neuritis
- Ischemic optic neuropathy
- Brain tumors involving the optic nerves or chiasm
- Strokes that cause visual loss or double vision
- Transient monocular blindness
- Migraine with visual symptoms
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular disease that affects the eye
- Blepharospasm or hemifacial spasm
- Unexplained vision loss
- Giant cell arteritis
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension
- Adult Strabismus
What are the ways in which disorders of brain can cause visual problems?
Brain disorders can cause:
- Decrease in central vision
- Disorder of the visual field (Side vision)
- Double vision (seeing double due to misalignment of the eye with abnormal eye movements)
- Pupillary abnormalities
- Abnormal drooping of the eyelids.
- It can simply manifest as a severe headache, which may or may not be associated intermittent blurring of vision and vomiting.
Is my headache due to an eye problem?
There are so many causes of headaches including refractive errors, sinusitis, migraine, or due to raised intracranial pressure (increased pressure in the head) with or without a intra cranial space-occupying lesion.
Raised intracranial pressure will produce a condition called papilloedema within eyes (which means fluid collection around the optic nerve head within the eye). this is due to transmitted pressure from within the head.
If papilloedema is confirmed then the your doctor will order a ct scan or a mri scan. If a space occupying lesion is found in the scan, then surgical or medical treatment of the lesion will relieve the papilloedema. If no space occupying lesion is found then the condition is called pseudotumor cerebri. Usually the patients with pseudotumour cerebri are slightly overweight young women. However it may also occur in children, men and patients who are not overweight. Their main complaint is headache which may be severe. Other symptoms may be transient obscurations of vision which lasts for a few seconds and occasionally nausea and vomiting also.
Common Neuro-ophthalmological conditions:
It is a neurological disorder that is characterized by increased intracranial pressure in the absence of a tumor or other diseases. Read more >
Most common cause of acute binocular double vision is Micro vascular cranial nerve palsy. Most common precipitating factor is uncontrolled diabetes and/or Hypertension. Read more >
One of the important causes of drooping of lids in Adults is Myasthenia gravis. It is a disease of the neuromuscular junction resulting in hallmark variability in muscle weakness and fatigability. Read more >
A visual field defect is an area of partial alteration in the field of vision consisting of a partially diminished or entirely degenerated visual acuity that is surrounded by a field of normal – or relatively well-preserved – vision. Read more >